The Important Fine Print – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ORDERING
The Poway HS Instrumental Music Program will be presenting a “drive-in” concert on Friday, October 30 at 6:00 p.m. in the south parking lot off Titan Way. To order advance tickets ($15/car), please read the information below, then click the link at the bottom to download an order form. For more information about the event, click here.
In order to present this concert safely in light of COVID-19, we must follow certain rules and guidelines as directed by health officials and government agencies. Your purchase of a ticket to this concert is your agreement to abide by these rules as set forth.
- All attendees must have a face covering. Driver must wear a face covering to enter the parking lot. We reserve the right to refuse admission to anyone not complying with this.
- If you or any member of your party are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or have recently tested positive for COVID-19, or are generally feeling unwell, please do not attend this concert.
- All attendees are to remain in their vehicle throughout the duration of the concert. If an attendee must exit their vehicle due to an emergency, a face covering must be worn.
- All attendees must watch the concert from within their vehicles. No sitting on top of, next to, or in an open back of a vehicle.
- Vehicle engines must remain off once parked in the concert lot. Headlights should be turned off, except if being flashed to indicate applause.
- In order to provide the best possible viewing experience for all our attendees, you will be directed to a specific parking spot in the concert lot. This position will be determined by order of vehicle entry and height of vehicle. Taller vehicles will be parked further back in the concert lot.
- Vehicles will be parked “checkerboard” style, skipping a space between each vehicle and staggering the rows to provide social distancing and better viewing.
- We will do our very best to get everyone some view of the stage, but please realize that we are volunteers and this has never been attempted at Poway High before. We appreciate your cooperation and patience.
- VIP parking in the front row is available for an additional cost and is limited. VIP parking is restricted to vehicles under 6 1/2 feet tall.
- There will be no access to restrooms during this concert. Please plan accordingly. If you think you might need to leave the concert before its conclusion, please let the parking volunteers know, and they will park you in a spot convenient to the exit.
- In the event of an emergency, please follow the directions to the exit of the parking lot.
- The concert sound will be broadcast on short-range FM radio. The station to tune in to will be identified at the concert. You can listen to the broadcast on your car radio as long as you do not run your engine. If you think that your car battery may not allow you to run the radio for approximately 2 hours, you may wish to bring a portable FM radio.
- In case your car won’t start at the end of the concert, we will have jumper cables and people available to help get you going again.
- Late arrivals (vehicles entering the parking lot after the concert has begun) will be parked at our discretion. Late arrivals may have to wait until between performers to enter the main concert lot, or may be parked in overflow parking with limited to no view. Gates open at 5:00 p.m. and the concert begins at 6:00 p.m. Please plan accordingly.
- A copy of our COVID-19 Safe Reopening Plan will be posted at the entrance to the parking lot. Our volunteers will wear face coverings and will wear gloves and/or frequently sanitize their hands if they are handling anything that will be given to you, such as programs, snack packs, or t-shirts. They will maintain proper social distancing from you and each other.
- Pre-ordered merchandise (t-shirts, snack packs, etc.) will be distributed to you in your vehicle as you enter the concert grounds. We will have very limited sales at the concert itself only if permitted to do so, so please pre-order your merchandise at this time.