All Band and Color Guard students are invited to perform in the Rancho Bernardo Spirit of the Fourth 2019 Parade, including incoming Freshman and Alumni. The rehearsal and performance schedule is below:
- Tuesday 7/2, 5:00-7:00 p.m. – Rehearsal at Poway HS, meet in N-1
- Wednesday 7/3, 5:00-7:00 p.m. – Rehearsal at Poway HS, meet in N-1
- Thursday 7/4, Call Time 2:00 p.m., Parade Start Time 3:30 p.m. – Meet in the parking lot in front of the RB Postal Service Office (behind 7-Eleven), 16767 Bernardo Center Dr.map
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ: All students participating in the RB 4th of July Parade must complete Form A and Form B (if applicable) before they may participate in the parade. Please download, complete, print, and sign the forms below. A hardcopy of all forms can be turned in at the parade rehearsals.
- Confidential Medical Information Release Form for Co-Curricular Activity (AKA Form A) – This form must be signed and completed by the parent/guardian and submitted before the student can participate in any PHS Music Program activity. It contains essential parent/guardian contact information. The form optionally grants permission for the lead chaperones to dispense to students non-prescription aspirin, Tylenol, or Advil if needed. Click here to download the form.
- Authorization to Carry Medication Form (AKA Form B) – This PUSD form is only required if it is necessary for the student to carry prescription and/or non-prescription medication for a medical condition. Note that the form must be signed by both student and parent and completed and signed by the student’s physician. Click here to download the form.
REHEARSAL DRESS: For rehearsals, wear athletic shorts, T-shirt, and sneakers. No flip-flops, sandals, or jeans. Be sure to bring your marching instrument and water.
PARADE DRESS: Marchers MUST wear a white Emerald Brigade polo shirt (AKA travel shirt), solid black shorts, white socks, and white sneakers. EB polo shirts will be available for sale by N-1 at the beginning (NOT end) of both rehearsals. The cost is $25. Checks should be made payable to “PHSMB”.
Chaperones will be accompanying students on the parade route, providing water as needed.
Traffic will be restricted on Bernardo Center Drive and parking will be a challenge. Plan to arrive early. Carpooling is encouraged. Parking may be available in the RB Town Center parking lot near Vons (11986 Bernardo Plaza Drive).
Contact Melissa Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
See the following for more information about the event: